Reason for the upgrade
This Sunday, I opened VLC to watch video, and ran into a “potential PulseAudio version problem”.
My clumsy way to fix the issue
Among the sites found with Google, I can only understand the instructions from a question on Ask Ubuntu.
I typed in the command word-by-word like this.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu:audio-dev/ppa
Then I got an error. I read Ubuntu Audio Development Team’s PPA on Launchpad to remind myself the command for adding PPAs. I saw that I didn’t include
/ppa at the end, so I added it back and ran the command again. However, it failed again.
Finally, I discovered that I had made a silly mistake in the command in the command: the
audio should be