This Sunday, I tried to do something similar to what I did in May—install Octopresss on Windows 7.1 Different from last time, I used Ruby 2.0.0, the newest version of RubyInstaller for Windows that I could find.2
I could use Octopress with Ruby 1.9.3, so I expected that I could easily deploy things with Ruby 2.0.0. However, I was mistaken.
I used the relevant part of the error message to search for websites describing similar/related problems. Luckily, I found one in Eaten by Grues.3
I manually created a batch file in the same folder of
The raison d’être of the trailing
%* is explained in
one of my old posts.
Finally, the section
which: no python2 in (...) disappeard after I
locally generated the site again.
(Last edited on NOV 24, 2014)
See Installing PortableJekyll in Eaten by Grues for details. (When I wrote this post in September, the URL was http://eatenbygrues.com/journal/installing-portable-jekyll but the link is now dead.) ↩
I suppose that Python is in the